Loustalet Named HMC Alumni Association Athlete of the Year

Harvey Mudd College and the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Athletic Department announced their end-of-year athletic awards recently. Tasman “Zorg” Loustalet ’16, a member of the men’s cross country and track teams, was named Harvey Mudd’s Alumni Association Outstanding Athlete of the Year.

Loustalet was selected as Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) Runner of the Year for cross country in 2014. He finished first for CMS in every race during 2014 and placed 15th overall at the NCAA Division III Championships.

He is the first-ever CMS male to earn two All-American awards in cross country. He ran the second-fastest time ever for a CMS cross country runner for an 8K. Also, he has been chosen for three straight first-team All-SCIAC selections and first-team All-West Region selections.

Loustalet has run cross country since freshman year of high school. “It’s been an important part of my life, and I really enjoy it,” he says. “I actually began running as a way to stay in shape for wrestling, but by my junior year, I was just as good at it. I knew that I wanted to run in college and that finding a good program was important. I think I found a pretty darn good program here with CMS. I really like all of the people involved.”

In addition to being a runner, Loustalet is a consultant in the Harvey Mudd Writing Center and is a joint computer science and mathematics major, with a concentration in French.

Harvey Mudd students participate in sports through CMS, intramural or club activities, balancing challenging academics with rewarding athletics, pursuits the College encourages to help develop the whole person. The Harvey Mudd Alumni Association presents the Outstanding Athlete Award annually to a student athlete selected by the coaches for exceptional athletic achievements.

More CMS awards