Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Following Spring Break, we wanted to share an update regarding COVID-19. As anticipated, we are seeing an increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases across the consortium as many of our students, faculty and staff return from traveling. Student Health Services reports that symptoms are mild and that the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is not treating the situation as an outbreak.
While the number of positive cases at Harvey Mudd has not been unusually high, we are seeing higher numbers of students testing positive at other campuses. Because of this, we are asking that everyone take additional precautions this week. If you traveled over the break, particularly if that travel was via public transportation, trains or planes, please consider getting tested to ensure you do not have COVID-19.
As a reminder, students are required to test twice this week using the following schedule:
- Monday: 2025 and 2024
- Tuesday: 2022 and 2023
- Wednesday: 2025 and 2024
- Thursday: 2022 and 2023
Faculty and staff may test on campus at the Platt Campus Center or may use an at home COVID-19 test if available. While testing is not required for faculty and staff, we do strongly encourage it if you have traveled recently, whether or not you are symptomatic.
In addition, we ask that you adhere to the following precautions this week:
- Wear well-fitting, medical grade masks, surgical masks, medical procedure masks, or higher-level respirators when indoors and outdoors, unless you are actively eating or drinking
- Take advantage of grab-n-go options for dining, rather than eating inside the dining hall
- Consider avoiding or minimizing your attendance at social gatherings, parties, sporting events, off campus gatherings, etc., especially indoors
- Get tested right away if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, even if you recently had a negative test result
- Get tested following any close contact notification by the contact tracing team
We appreciate everything you are doing to help ensure the safety of all members of the Harvey Mudd College community.
The President’s Cabinet
Maria Klawe, President
Karen Angemi, Director of the President’s Office and Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Thyra Briggs, Vice President for Admission and Financial Aid
Andrew Dorantes, Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Treasurer
Timothy Hussey, Chief Communications Officer and Assistant Secretary to the Board
Hieu Nguyen, Vice President for Advancement
Lisa Sullivan, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty
Marco Antonio Valenzuela, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Joseph Vaughan, Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Computing and Information Services