Instructions for Parents or Other Authorized Bill Payers
- See also instructions for students
Note: Only individuals listed on the Billing Name(s) line of a student’s Tuition Payment Agreement will have access to the eCheck service.
To use eCheck, your checking/saving account must be with a U.S. bank. International payers without U.S. bank accounts should contact email@example.com for electronic fund transfer (EFT) information instead.
Payments processed via eCheck will post to your student account within a few minutes. Please be aware that a fee of $30 will be assessed for any transactions denied due to insufficient funds.
- If you are a first-time user, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “eCheck User ID Request” for your assigned username. In the body of your email, please indicate your name and your student’s name. Returning users: please skip to step 5.
- If you already have your username, go to https://portal.hmc.edu/ics/. Enter your username (this will be an 8-digit ID) and click on the Login button. On the next page, click on the I Forgot My Password link.
- Click Send New Password.
- Within 24 hours, your password will be created and sent to the email address from which you requested your user ID.
- Log in using your username and password on https://portal.hmc.edu/ics/.
- Once you’ve logged in, select the Student Bill Payment tab.
- Your student’s name should appear in the pull-down window. If you have more than one student, click on the arrow key to the right of the name displayed and select the appropriate student. Click the Go button when you have the student whose account you wish to view.
- From the summary page, you can view all transactions for any semester, including recent payments for the current semester. To make a payment, click Make a Payment.
- Enter the amount (excluding the dollar sign and comma) you wish to pay for the appropriate semester(s) and then click Submit. The payment amount must be less then $25,000 or you will get an error message.
- Click Continue on the eCheck screen.
- Enter checking account, billing information, and email address.
- Click Continue.
- Verify payment information. If correct, click Continue at the bottom of the page. If changes need to be made, click Back.
- If your transaction has been successful, a receipt will be emailed to you immediately.
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com.