Harvey Mudd College utilizes Office Depot as its default supplier for office supplies.
In rare circumstances there may be an opportunity for substantial cost reductions that offset the aggregate savings achieved through the deep discounts and administrative efficiencies available from Office Depot. However, since implementation of this program, the Business Affairs Office has audited several large purchases made with other vendors and determined that savings of 20 to 30 percent could have been achieved using Office Depot.
The following tips will help you optimize your savings through the Office Depot program:
- Plan ahead and make your orders larger—it’s a win-win. Doing this involves less time on your part and keeps Office Depot pricing lower to Harvey Mudd. Your minimum order should be at least $50.00; too many small orders (less than $10.00) increases Office Depot’s overhead.
- The catalog price is not the College’s discounted price; see Harvey Mudd College’s Office Depot webpage for the College’s contract prices.
- Always utilize the Best Value items located in the “My Shopping List” categories.
- When you have questions about a product or an order, call Office Depot Customer Service at 800.269.6888.
If you order supplies and have not yet been authorized system access, please contact Heather Lindley at email@example.com. She can set up an account so you’re able to login to Harvey Mudd College’s Office Depot webpage.
New Account Setup
To set up a new account please send the following information to Heather Lindley at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the approval of your supervisor or whomever supervises the GL account number you will be making purchases for.
- Name of the new user
- Office building and number (where the orders will be delivered)
- Phone extension
- Account number(s) and name(s)
Order Returns and Discrepancies
If your order is incomplete or if you need to process a return, contact Office Depot directly to talk to a customer service representative by phone or online chat. Log into your account and hover over the “Help” section at the top left for customer service. You will need the following information:
- Account number (listed on the website at the top right after logging in)
- Order number
- Item number
The process for product returns is similar to order delivery. Please follow these steps:
- Contact Office Depot
- Office Depot will provide you with a return number. Make a note of the return number on the outside of the return box and remove or cross off old delivery labels.
- Office Depot will come to your office to pick up the return within the next business day.