Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
We were recently notified that we have received a positive test result from our ongoing testing program for students, faculty and staff. The student has been moved from North into isolation. Contact tracers have begun reaching out to all those in our community who are believed to have been in close contact. If you are not notified, that means you were not believed to be in close contact. We continue to follow the guidelines provided by the CDC, including facilities and maintenance cleaning and disinfecting of areas used by individuals who tested positive.
To keep our campus and community safe, it is important that we all continue to do our part by:
- Monitoring your daily symptoms; if you are an employee of the College, please continue daily use of the symptom screening questionnaire. Students should notify DSA if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wearing masks indoors. We also strongly encourage everyone to wear masks outside while on campus unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- Continuing to participate in our surveillance testing process. If you are a student or are a member of the faculty or staff that is required to be tested, it is critical that you not miss your scheduled testing date(s). Visit COVID-19 Saliva Testing Collection Site January Operations for the testing site schedule over the winter break.
- In order to ensure the safety of all community members and to protect the on-campus experience, we encourage students to remain on campus as much as possible.
- When off campus it is important for all community members to continue practicing COVID-19 safety protocols including wearing masks and social distancing.
As always, the safety and well-being of the entire HMC community remains our top priority, and we will continue to provide you with the most updated information possible via email and at On-Campus COVID-19 Testing and Positivity Rates. We very much appreciate your continued support, resilience and patience as we work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible so that we can continue to protect the health and safety of all members of our community while providing an outstanding educational experience for our students. We encourage everyone to remain vigilant and follow all guidelines over the winter break.
Karen Angemi, Director of the President’s Office and Secretary to the Board of Trustees