Greetings Faculty and Staff,
As California begins to see an increase in positive COVID-19 cases again and as the change in season brings more seasonal allergies, colds, coughs and flu symptoms, we are updating our COVID-19 screening testing for faculty and staff to make on-campus testing more accessible. Beginning immediately, as a convenient, preventative measure,HMC will offer on-site COVID testing for faculty and staff who are experiencing symptoms potentially related to COVID-19 (fevers or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea). There are a few things to keep in mind before you get tested on campus:
- Surveillance testing consent forms must be submitted to HR prior to testing. Please allow 1-2 business days for your name to be added to the list of testing participants. You may visit the COVID-19 Testing Policy website for copies of the consent forms. If you believe you may want to take advantage of this free service, you should complete your forms before you need testing.
- If you are symptomatic and get tested on campus, following the test you must remain at home until you are cleared to return to work.
- Testing may be completed at HMC Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons, Rose Hills Patio or at the Tranquada Student Services Center.
- Testing is offered at no cost to faculty and staff. If you need to take time off from work pending your results or while your symptoms improve, you may utilize accrued sick leave or unpaid time.
- The testing method is with a PCR test and results are typically provided within a 24-hour period.
If you have any questions regarding screening testing, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.