Tl;dr: Designated students can start to handle food and drinks at events!
After re-evaluating food-handling policies, we’re excited to announce that students will be able to start distributing non-pre-packaged food and drinks at events (eg. at bar openings, students can begin to distribute mixed drinks; at Chocolate Society meetings, club presidents can cut a chocolate cake and distribute the slices to individuals; Sontag Reslife can bake brownies and distribute them at Suntag).
Food distribution must be in line with the following guidelines:
- Only students who are organizing the event (club presidents/designated club members, dorm presidents/ResLife/designated dorm residents, etc) can distribute food and drinks.
- Students must be masked and gloved when preparing and distributing food and drinks.
- Both masks and gloves will be available from the Social, Club Directors, and dorm proctors.
- Students who would like to serve alcohol must have attended bartender training.
- Bartender Training will take place next week on Wednesday (10/20) and Thursday (10/21) from 6:30–7:30 p.m. via Zoom. Please look out for more information from the Social Directors soon!
As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Have a wonderful Fall Break,
Dean Marco and the Student COVID Advisory Board
Sending You the Best,