Residential Life Student Staff
Students take an active role in overseeing and preserving the residential aspect of Harvey Mudd culture by becoming leaders. These positions give students the opportunity to manage the residence hall’s social and individual needs. Each year, available positions include proctor, mentor, president, treasurer, social representative, athletics representatives, and more.
Proctors are student leaders and members of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) staff under the supervision of the Assistant Dean for Residential Life and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs. As Harvey Mudd representatives, proctors are student leaders, role models, and have an obligation to act responsibly at all times.
Proctors support the Residential Life program by developing a sense of community and are trained in crisis intervention, counseling, first aid, CPR, conflict mediation, issues of diversity and multiculturalism, event programming, fire safety and disaster preparedness. They are on-call 24/7 and they are available to discuss personal or academic matters, help students figure out what to do or who to see to resolve a problem and give students access to their rooms when they are locked out.
Mentors are student leaders and members of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) staff under the supervision of their hall proctor/s, the Assistant Dean for Residential Life, the Associate Dean for Campus Life and the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs. Mentors are student leaders, role models, and representatives of the College, and have an obligation to act responsibly at all times.
Mentors support the Residential Life program by developing a sense of community and serving as peer advisors for both first-year students and sophomores regarding personal and academic issues. They are also instrumental in the facilitation of the New Student Orientation program and work with the proctors to welcome and integrate first-year students into the residence halls and the Mudd community.
Residence Hall Presidents 2018–2019
Residence Hall presidents are members of ASHMC and are responsible for leading Residence Hall meetings, liaising with F&M and Residential Life about the facilities and services in their residence halls, coordinating social activities and responding to and mediating residence hall concerns.
- Atwood: Willis Sanchez-duPont ’19, Gabe Quiroz ’19, Hannah Slocumb ’19, Maddie Gaumer ’19
- Case: Celena Chen ’20, Johnson Hoang ’20, Forest Kobayashi ’20, Ricky Shapley ’20
- Drinkward: Felipe Borja ’19, Camille Simon ’21. Elisha Dayag ’21
- East: Harry Fetsch ’20, Flora Xia ’20, Emma Cuddy ’21, Dylan Sotir ’21
- Linde: Leana Yearwood ’19, Eric Contee ’19, Garrett Conway ’20, Mazda Moayeri ’20
- North: Gabby Giordano ’20, Russell Bingham ’20, Skipper Gonzalez ‘ 19, Finn Southerland ’19
- Sontag: Carl Aslund ’20. Ramya Ramalingam ’21
- South: Elizabeth Poss ’19, Nina Brown ’19, Coco Stiff ‘20
- West: Thomas Martinez ’21, Holly Frank ’20, Blake Larkin ’19, Neeta Rao ’20