Students take an active role in overseeing and preserving the residential aspect of Harvey Mudd culture by becoming leaders. These positions give students the opportunity to manage the dorm’s social and individual needs. Each year, available positions include proctor, mentor president, treasurer, social representative, athletics representatives, and more.
Proctors are student leaders and members of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) staff under the supervision of the Assistant Dean for Residential Life and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs. As Harvey Mudd representatives, proctors are student leaders, role models, and have an obligation to act responsibly at all times.
Proctors support the Residential Life program by developing a sense of community and are trained in crisis intervention, counseling, first aid, CPR, conflict mediation, issues of diversity and multiculturalism, event programming, fire safety and disaster preparedness. They are on-call 24/7 and they are available to discuss personal or academic matters, help students figure out what to do or who to see to resolve a problem and give students access to their rooms when they are locked out.
Mentors are student leaders and members of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) staff under the supervision of their hall proctor/s, the Assistant Dean for Residential Life, the Associate Dean for Campus Life and the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs. Mentors are student leaders, role models, and representatives of the College, and have an obligation to act responsibly at all times.
Mentors support the Residential Life program by developing a sense of community and serving as peer advisors for both first-year students and sophomores regarding personal and academic issues. They are also instrumental in the facilitation of the New Student Orientation program and work with the proctors to welcome and integrate first-year students into the residence halls and the Mudd community.
Dorm Presidents 2017–2018
Dorm presidents are members of ASHMC and are responsible for leading dorm meetings, liaising with F&M and Residential Life about the facilities and services in their dorms, coordinating social activities and responding to and mediating dorm concerns.
- Atwood: Porter Adams ‘18, Alex Echeverria ‘18, Gabe Rubin ‘18, Teal Stannard ‘18
- Case: Kitty Belling ‘19, Sabrina Chang ’19, Jason Dwyer ‘19, Reagan Smith ‘19
- Drinkward: Jordan Howard-Jennings ‘19, Lillian Liang ’18, Judy Lin ‘18, Richard Liu ‘18
- East: Charles Dawson ‘19, Harry Fetsch ’20, Maggie Gelber ‘19
- Linde: Garrett Conway ‘20, Hamza Khan ‘18, Daniel King ‘18, Leana Yearwood ‘19
- North: Amberlee Baugus ‘18, Elise Cassella ‘18, Rachael Kretsch ‘18, Anthony Romm ‘18
- Sontag: Sophie Graf ‘18, Kim Joly ’18, Ramita Kondepudi ‘18
- South: Sam Andow ‘18, Morgan Carothers ‘20, Coco Stiff ‘20
- West: Moira Dillon ‘18, Katie Erickson ‘19, Blake Larkin ‘19, Michaela Yaman ‘18