Our campus map shows locations for events on Harvey Mudd College and the commencement ceremony itself.
Friday, May 1, 2015
Lavender Graduation- 3:30 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Queer Resources Center (QRC) Pomona College
- Benson Auditorium/Avery Hall, Pitzer College, 1050 North Mills Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711
- Reception to follow outside Benson Auditorium
- Speaker: Rika Aoki
Friday, May 15, 2015
Black Graduation Celebration- 1 p.m.
- Location: Pomona College’s Seaver Theater, 300 East Bonita Avenue, Claremont, CA
- Sponsored by the Office of Black Student Affairs
The Claremont Colleges Interfaith Baccalaureate Ceremony- 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- Garrison Theater, Scripps College, 231 East 10th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
- Speaker: Sheldon Schuster, Phd., President Keck Graduate Institute
Reception for Seniors and Families with Harvey Mudd College Board of Trustees- 5:30–6:30p.m.
- Location: Linde Activities Center.
- Beverages and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Seniors and families are welcome to attend.
- Parents can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 909.621.8436 for more information.
- RSVP to Jake Ayers email@example.com or 909.621.8436.
7C AAPI Graduation- 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Location: The R. Michael Shanahan Center for Teaching and Learning, Room 1430
- Sponsored by the 7C Asian American Advisory Board
Chicano Latino Graduation- 7 p.m.
- (Little) Bridges Hall of Music, Pomona College, 150 East 4th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
- Sponsored by Office of Chicano Latino Student Affairs
- Reception to follow at Edmunds Ballroom, Smith Campus Center, Pomona College, 170 East 6th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
International Place End of the Year Celebration- 6–9 p.m.
- Farewell Celebration
- McKenna Auditorium, Claremont McKenna College, 500 East 9th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
- Graduating and departing international students, scholars, their friends and families are invited to a reception in their honor.
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Senior Lunch and Program- noon–1:30 p.m.
- Location: Linde Activities Center, Harvey Mudd College campus (families invited, no charge)
Academic Department Receptions- 1:30–3:15 p.m.
- Biology- Oak Tree Lawn- lawn in front of the Linde Activities Center, between Atwood and the outdoor basketball court
- Chemistry- Hixon Court
- Computer Science- Caryll Mudd and Norman Sprague Jr Courtyard and Gallery
- Engineering- Platt Living Room
- Mathematics- SkyCube
- Physics-Breezeway between Keck and Sprague
Graduates’ Commencement Rehearsal- 3:30 p.m.
- Rehearsal is mandatory for graduates
- Line-up location: Lawn between Kingston and Shanahan
President’s Reception for Graduates and Families- 4–5:30 p.m.
- Graduates, families, faculty and staff are invited
- Location: Garret House
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Brunch Service- 10:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons
- No reservation is needed, $10 per person (cash, check or Claremont Cash accepted)
Commencement- 1:30–3:15 p.m.
- Speaker: Mary D. Nichols, California Air Resources Board Chairman
- Location: Mudd Quadrangle (There is plenty of seating in the shade, no tickets required)
- Live stream of Commencement is available Sunday, May 17 at 1:30 p.m.
Reception- 3:30 p.m.
- Location: R. Michael Shanahan Center for Teaching and Learning, lawn