Our campus map shows locations for events on Harvey Mudd College and the commencement ceremony itself.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Lavender Graduation, 3:30–5 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Queer Resources Center (QRC) Pomona College
- Ceremony location: Balch Auditorium, Scripps College
- Reception location: Sycamore Court
- Speaker: Jewelle Gomez
Friday, May 13, 2016
Black Graduation Celebration, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Location: Seaver Theatre, Pomona College
- Reception: Seaver Theatre Foyer, Pomona College
- Sponsored by the Office of Black Student Affairs
The Claremont Colleges Interfaith Baccalaureate Ceremony- 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- Location: Little Bridges, Pomona College
- Speaker: Milia Islam-Majeed, Executive Director, South Coast Interfaith Council
Reception for Seniors and Families with Harvey Mudd College Board of Trustees- 6–7 p.m.
- Location: Sprague Patio.
- Beverages and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Seniors and families are welcome to attend.
- Parents can email email@example.com or call 909.621.8436 for more information.
- RSVP to Jake Ayers firstname.lastname@example.org or 909.621.8436.
7C AAPI Graduation- 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Location: Gold Center, Pitzer College
- Reception immediately preceding graduation
- Sponsored by the 7C Asian American Advisory Board
Chicano Latino Graduation- 7 p.m.
- Location: Garrison Theatre, Scripps College
- Sponsored by Office of Chicano Latino Student Affairs
- Speaker: Devanie Doñez, Scripps College ’94, Board of Trustees Member
- Reception (immediately following ceremony) location: Garrison Theatre Foyer, Scripps College
International Place End of the Year Celebration- 7–9 p.m.
- Farewell Celebration
- McKenna Auditorium, Claremont McKenna College, 500 East 9th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
- Graduating and departing international students, scholars, their friends and families are invited to a reception in their honor.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Senior Lunch and Program- noon–1:30 p.m.
- Location: Linde Activities Center, Harvey Mudd College campus (families invited, no charge)
Academic Department Receptions- 1:30–3:15 p.m.
- Biology- Big Oak Tree Lawn
- Chemistry- Hixon Court
- Computer Science- Shakespeare Plaza and adjoining Gallery
- Engineering- Platt Living Room
- Mathematics- SkyCube
- Physics- Breezeway between Keck and Sprague
Graduates’ Commencement Rehearsal- 3:30 p.m.
- Rehearsal is mandatory for graduates
- Line-up location: Lawn between Kingston and Shanahan
President’s Reception for Graduates and Families- 4–5:30 p.m.
- Graduates, families, faculty and staff are invited
- Location: Garret House
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Brunch Service- 10:30 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons
- No reservation is needed, $10 per person (cash, check or Claremont Cash accepted)
Commencement- 1:30–3:15 p.m.
- Speaker: Carol S. Dweck, PhD, a leading researcher in the field of motivation and the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University
- Location: Mudd Quadrangle (There is plenty of seating in the shade, no tickets required)
- Live stream of Commencement is available Sunday, May 15 at 1:30 p.m.
Reception- 3:30 p.m.
- Location: R. Michael Shanahan Center for Teaching and Learning (lawn)