2017 Commencement Schedule of Events
Our campus map shows locations for events on Harvey Mudd College and the commencement ceremony itself.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Lavender Graduation- 6 p.m. Ceremony, Reception to Follow
- Sponsored by the Queer Resources Center (QRC) Pomona College
- Ceremony location: Athenaeum Auditorium at CMC Campus
- Speaker: TBD
Friday, May 12, 2017
Black Graduation Celebration- 11a.m.–2 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Office of Black Student Affairs
- Location: Seaver Theatre, Pomona College
- Reception: To follow the ceremony
- Speaker: TBA
The Claremont Colleges Interfaith Baccalaureate Ceremony- 3:30–4:30pm
- Sponsored by the McAlister Center For Religious Activities
- Location: Garrison Theater, Scripps College
- Speaker: TBA
Reception for Seniors and Families With Harvey Mudd College Board of Trustees- 6–7 p.m.
- Location: Sprague Patio
- Beverages and heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Seniors and families are welcome to attend.
- Parents can email email@example.com or call 909.621.8436 for more information.
- RSVP to Jake Ayers firstname.lastname@example.org or 909.621.8436.
7-C AAPI Graduation- 4–6 p.m.
- Sponsored by the 7-C Asian American Advisory Board
- Location: Balch Auditorium at Scripps College, 1030 Columbia Avenue
- Reception immediately following graduation
- Speaker TBA
Chicano Latino Graduation- 7–9 p.m.
- Sponsored by Office of Chicano Latino Student Affairs
- Location: Bridge Hall of Music, Pomona College
- Reception (immediately following ceremony) location TBA
- Speaker TBA
- See the Chicano Latino Student Affairs page to register
International Place End-of-the-Year Celebration- 7–9 p.m.
- Farewell Celebration
- McKenna Auditorium, Claremont McKenna College, 500 East 9th Street, Claremont
- Graduating and departing international students, scholars, their friends and families are invited to a reception in their honor.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Senior Lunch and Program- noon–1:30 p.m.
- Location: Linde Activity Center (families invited, no RSVP or tickets necessary)
Academic Department Receptions- 1:30–3:30 p.m.
- Biology- Big Oak Tree lawn
- Chemistry- Hixon Court
- Computer Science- Sprague Gallery, Shanahan Center
- Engineering- Platt Living Room
- Mathematics- SkyCube
- Physics- Breezeway between Keck and Sprague
Graduates’ Commencement Rehearsal- 3 p.m.
- Rehearsal is mandatory for graduates
- Line-up location: Lawn between Kingston and Shanahan
President’s Reception for Graduates and Families- 4–5:30 p.m.
- Graduates, families, faculty and staff are invited
- Location: Garrett House
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Brunch Service- 10:30 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons
- No reservation is needed, $10 per person (cash, check or Claremont Cash accepted)
Commencement- 1:30–3:15 p.m.
- Location: Mudd Quadrangle, Tenth St. and Dartmouth Ave. (There is plenty of seating in the shade, no tickets required)
- Speaker: Richard Tapia, University Professor and Maxfield-Oshman Professor in Engineering, Department of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University
- Commencement Live Stream begins at 1:15 p.m. The processional will preceded the official ceremony, which begins at 1:30 p.m. PDT.
Reception- 3:30 p.m.
- Location: R. Michael Shanahan Center for Teaching and Learning, lawn