Meet our new staff! Evelyn Real

Meet our newest member of the DSA family! Evelyn Real is our new administrative coordinator for student and academic affairs. She started working January 5 of this year, and is a huge help to the office. Keep reading to learn more about Evelyn!

Where are you from?

I am originally from San Diego but I now live in San Bernardino because I went to CSUSB to do my undergrad degree and I just fell in love with the city and all the potential that it has. I do a lot of community service and San Bernardino has a really big need for services like this.

What brought you to Mudd?

Not what, but who. ZACK RITTER did! Also, this was a really great school, I did some research before coming and the culture and vibe that I got from it was really in line with my “wish list” for a career in higher education.

What’s your favorite part about Mudd?

The coffee bar inside of the DSA Office, except I like the hot chocolate and teas because I am not that big a fan of coffee.

What are your hobbies?

I love to eat and try new places to eat with friends. Sleeping is probably a close second. I also love to hang out with my family. We usually play board games and those get pretty crazy because we are all extremely competitive.

What is your favorite color?

I am stuck between blue and purple. I also really like black because it’s the best color to dress in.

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I like to do creative projects for myself. My latest one was The Beauty Project where I challenged different beauty ideals and compared myself to them. The point of the creative projects is to not only challenge myself to be vulnerable, but to bring an uplifting message to other people who may see the world with a different perspective.