Monday, May 18 to Friday, June 5, 2015
The HMC Mathematics Department will offer MATH060 and MATH065 in the summer session.
Courses meet 5 days a week, except for the week of May 25, which will meet 4 days due to Memorial Day.
- MATH060: Multivariable Calculus (1.5 units) – Karp & Martonosi (10:30 a.m.)
- MATH065: Differential Equations and Linear Algebra II (1.5 units) – Jacobsen & Orrison (8:45 a.m.)
In-class final exams will occur Friday, June 5, ending by 5pm. Students should not plan travel that interferes with these exams.
- 1.5 units: $1,530
- 3.0 units: $2,878
Room and Board
The lunch and dinner plan is required for all students living on campus.
- Room and Board – ($691): I intend to live on campus and pay for the lunch and dinner plan (Covers room fee for 19 nights, lunches Monday through Friday, and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- Board Only – ($235): I intend to live off campus and eat lunch and dinner on campus (Covers lunches Monday through Friday and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- No Room or Board – ($0): I intend to live off campus and provide my own meals.
First meal in Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons is dinner on Sunday, May 17.
- Registration: Please submit registration form (google) by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2015.
- Payment: Arrangements for payment of all fees must be completed at the Office of Student Accounts no later than Friday, April 17, 2015 by 5 p.m. Checks should be made payable to Harvey Mudd College.
- Tuition – Full refund (per course) if course is dropped by noon of the second day of class (i.e., Tuesday, May 19, 2015)
- Board – Prorated on a per board week basis
- Room – Prorated to summer housing rate of $24 per night (total of $48 for Monday and Tuesday nights) if move-out completed and key returned to F&M by noon of third day of class (i.e., Wednesday, May 20, 2015). Late departures incur a fine of $100 per day for each late day after the deadline, as indicated in the Summer Housing Agreement.
Limited need-based HMC scholarship assistance is available to assist participating students in covering the costs of the Summer Math Program. To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied and qualified for need-based HMC scholarship funds during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Enroll in all three (3) units offered by the Summer Math Program.
- Request financial assistance via this registration form by the published April 10, 2015, deadline.
Students will be notified no later than April 17, 2015, of their eligibility for financial assistance.
Note: Students and their parents are not eligible to borrow from federal loan programs to cover the expenses of the Summer Math Program.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 621-8055.