Summer Math Registration (2020)
UPDATE: Summer Math updates coming soon.
Monday, May 18 to Friday, June 5, 2020
The HMC Mathematics Department will offer MATH082 HM in the summer session.
The course meets 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon), except for the week of May 25, when it will meet 4 days due to Memorial Day.
Profs. Darryl Yong and Jon Jacobsen will teach the course.
In-class final exams will occur Friday, June 5, ending by 5:00 pm for most students. Students should not plan travel that interferes with the exams. Students requiring extra time on exams might need to stay later than 5:00 pm, and should consult with the instructors prior to making travel arrangements.
- 3.0 credits: $3,476
Room and Board
All students who both enroll in summer math and live on campus are required to sign up for the three-week lunch and dinner plan.
- Room and Board – ($777): I intend to live on campus and pay for the lunch and dinner plan (Covers room fee for 19 nights, lunches Monday through Friday, and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- Board Only – ($245): I intend to live off campus and eat lunch and dinner on campus (Covers lunches Monday through Friday and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- No Room or Board – ($0): I intend to live off campus and provide my own meals.
First meal in Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons is dinner on Sunday, May 17, 2020.
- Registration: Please submit the 2020 Summer Math Registration Form by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Payment: Arrangements for payment of all fees must be completed at the Office of Student Accounts no later than Friday, April 10, 2020 by 5:00 pm. Checks should be made payable to Harvey Mudd College.
- Please complete the Summer Housing Agreement located on the Summer Housing webpage. The agreement will be available in late March.
- All questions pertaining to summer housing and not answered on the link above should be addressed to the Office of Facilities and Maintenance at 909.607.0294 or at email@example.com.
- Tuition – Full refund (per course) if course is dropped by noon of the second day of class (i.e., Tuesday, May 19, 2020).
- Board – Prorated on a per board week basis.
- Room – Prorated to summer housing rate of $28 per night (total of $56 for Monday and Tuesday nights) if move-out completed and key returned to F&M by noon of third day of class (i.e., Wednesday, May 20, 2020). Late departures incur a fine of $100 per day for each late day after the deadline, as indicated in the Summer Housing Agreement.
Limited need-based Harvey Mudd College scholarship assistance is available to assist participating students in covering the costs of the Summer Math Program. To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied and qualified for need-based Harvey Mudd College scholarship funds during the 2019–2020 academic year.
- Enroll in the three (3) credits offered by the Summer Math Program.
- Request financial assistance via the 2020 Summer Math Registration Form by Friday, April 3, 2020.
Students will be notified no later than April 10, 2020, of their eligibility for financial assistance.
Note: Students and their parents are not eligible to borrow from federal loan programs to cover the expenses of the Summer Math Program.
For more information on the Summer Math program, please visit the Summer Math FAQ page on the Department of Mathematics website.