Monday, May 15 to Friday, June 2, 2017
The Harvey Mudd College Department of Mathematics will offer MATH060 and MATH065 in the summer session.
Courses meet 5 days a week, except for the week of May 29, which will meet 4 days due to Memorial Day.
- MATH060: Multivariable Calculus (1.5 units) – Karp & Martonosi
- MATH065: Differential Equations and Linear Algebra II (1.5 units) – Karp & Gu
In-class final exams will occur Friday, June 2, ending by 5 p.m. for most students. Students should not plan travel that interferes with these exams. Students requiring extra time on exams might need to stay later than 5 p.m., and should consult with the instructors prior to making travel arrangements
- 1.5 units: $1,659
- 3.0 units: $3,120
Room and Board
The lunch and dinner plan is required for all students living on campus.
- Room and Board – ($734): I intend to live on campus and pay for the lunch and dinner plan (Covers room fee for 19 nights, lunches Monday through Friday, and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- Board Only – ($240): I intend to live off campus and eat lunch and dinner on campus (Covers lunches Monday through Friday and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- No Room or Board – ($0): I intend to live off campus and provide my own meals.
First meal in Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons is dinner on Sunday, May 14.
- Registration: Please submit 2017 Summer Math Registration Form (google) by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Payment: Arrangements for payment of all fees must be completed at the Office of Student Accounts no later than Friday, April 14, 2017 by 5 p.m. Checks should be made payable to Harvey Mudd College.
- Please complete the Summer Housing Agreement located on the Summer Housing webpage.
- All questions pertaining to summer housing and not answered on the link above should be addressed to the Office of Facilities and Maintenance at 909.607.3611 or at email@example.com.
- Tuition – Full refund (per course) if course is dropped by noon of the second day of class (i.e., Tuesday, May 16, 2017)
- Board – Prorated on a per board week basis
- Room – Prorated to summer housing rate of $26 per night (total of $52 for Monday and Tuesday nights) if move-out completed and key returned to F&M by noon of third day of class (i.e., Wednesday, May 17, 2017). Late departures incur a fine of $100 per day for each late day after the deadline, as indicated in the Summer Housing Agreement.
Limited need-based Harvey Mudd College scholarship assistance is available to assist participating students in covering the costs of the Summer Math Program. To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
- Have applied and qualified for need-based Harvey Mudd College scholarship funds during the 2016–2017 academic year.
- Enroll in all three (3) units offered by the Summer Math Program.
- Request financial assistance via this registration form by Friday, April 7, 2017.
Students will be notified no later than April 14, 2017, of their eligibility for financial assistance.
Note: Students and their parents are not eligible to borrow from federal loan programs to cover the expenses of the Summer Math Program.