Monday, May 19 to Friday, June 6, 2014
The HMC Mathematics Department will offer MATH060 and MATH065 in the summer session.
Courses meet 5 days a week, except for the week of May 26, which will meet 4 days due to Memorial Day.
- MATH060: Multivariable Calculus (1.5 units)
- MATH065: Differential Equations and Linear Algebra II (1.5 units)
- 1.5 units: $1,464
- 3.0 units: $2,754
Room and Board
The lunch and dinner plan is required for all students living on campus.
- Room and Board – ($667): I intend to live on campus and pay for the lunch and dinner plan (Covers room fee for 20 nights, lunches Monday through Friday, and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- Board Only – ($230): I intend to live off campus and eat lunch and dinner on campus (Covers lunches Monday through Friday and dinners Sunday through Thursday).
- No Room or Board – ($0): I intend to live off campus and provide my own meals.
First meal in Hoch-Shanahan Dining Commons is dinner on Sunday, May 18.
- Registration: Please submit registration form (google doc) by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 11, 2014.
- Payment: Arrangements for payment of all fees must be completed at the Office of Student Accounts no later than Friday, April 18, 2014 by 5 p.m. Checks should be made payable to Harvey Mudd College.
- Tuition – Full refund (per course) if course is dropped by noon of the second day of class (i.e., Tuesday, May 20, 2014)
- Board – Prorated on a per board week basis
- Room – Prorated to summer housing rate of $23 per night (total of $46 for Monday and Tuesday nights) if move-out completed and key returned to F&M by noon of third day of class (i.e., Wednesday, May 21, 2014). Late departures incur a fine of $100 per day for each late day after the deadline, as indicated in the Summer Housing Agreement.
The HMC Office of Financial Aid considers the 2014 Summer Math Program to be a part of the 2013-14 academic year. Enrolling in 3 units in the Summer Math Program will not be considered half-time enrollment at HMC. Students enrolled in all courses of the Summer Math Program are not eligible for the Federal Perkins, Federal Direct and Federal Parent (PLUS) Loan programs. Limited scholarships may be available for summer enrollment. Students interested in learning more about financial aid for the Summer Math Program must contact the Office of Financial Aid by Thursday, April 3, 2014 to discuss individual eligibility of funds.