Coupled Oscillations – 3A70.00
Coupled Pendula – 3A70.20
- Two pendula hang from a flexible metal frame. Start one pendulum oscillating. The pendula will pass the energy back and forth. A third pendulum can be added.
Location: Demo Room & Jacobs B122
Coupled Oscillation With Tennis Balls – 3A70.21
- Two pendula made of tennis balls and flexible metal trips connected with a rubber band.
- Start one pendulum oscillating.
- The pendula will pass the energy back and forth.
Location: Demo Room
Spring Coupled Pendula – 3A70.25
- Two simple pendula are connected only by a very light spring.
- Displace one pendulum perpendicular to the spring and observe the coupling that occurs.
Location: Demo Room and Jacobs B122