Total Internal Reflection – 6A44.00
Total Internal Reflection in a Prism – 6A44.20
- Shine a laser through one side of the prism and observe the final reflected beam leaving the prism perpendicular to the incoming beam.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 259
Internal Reflection Tubes – 6A44.40
- Shine a laser at one end of a long curved plastic tube.
- The light travels within most of the tube due to reflection, and illuminates the other end.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 168
Total Internal Reflection in a Stream of Water – 6A44.50
- A plastic tube has a hole at the bottom and a cover at the top.
- A drainage container is provided to catch the stream of water.
- Fill the tube with water. When the cover is removed a jet of water falls in the drainage container
- Shine a laser through one side of the prism and observe the water stream.
- The laser beam can be seen reflecting off the internal water walls for the length of the stream.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 264