Finding Center of Gravity – 1J10.00
Map of State – 1J10.10
- Hang map of your state on a peg through the desired hole.
- Hand a plumb bobbin front.
- Mark plump line with marker.
- Repeat with other holes.
- Where the lines cross is the center of gravity.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 259
Fingers Find Center of Gravity – 1J10.20
- Hold a 2m meter-stick horizontally, with one finger under each end.
- As the fingers slowly draw together, the meter stick slides so as to remain balanced.
- Try different starting points or add a small mass to one end of the stick.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 171