Inertia of Rest – 1F20.00
Inertial Block – 1F20.10
- Place the block near the top of the pipe.
- Tap the pipe on the floor or table top and watch the block move down the pipe.
- Hold the PVC pipe near the top with one hand and tap the top of the pipe with a mallet.
- Watch the block move back up the pipe.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 258
Inertial Wooden Disks – 1F20.11
- Stack wooden nickels.
- With a flat plastic ruler whip the ruler back and forth, knocking the disks out from the bottom of the pile.
- The stack remains in place while the bottom disk is knocked out by the ruler.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 264
Smash Your Hand – 1F20.20
- Place a lead brick on a hand or on a piece of fruit.
- Hammer the brick, give it a good whack.
- The person doesn’t howl with pain.
Location: Jacobs B122