Uniform Acceleration – 1C20.00
Falling Ball and Paper – 1C20.16
- On a pan balance, balance a flat sheet of paper with a ping-pong ball so that they have equal masses.
- Drop them simultaneously and watch the ping-pong ball land well-ahead of the fluttering paper.
- Gently crumple the paper to match the ping-pong ball.
- Drop them together and this time they land together.
- Now squish the paper into a ball half is size, and drop both balls again.
- The smaller paper ball lands first.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 281
Inclined Air Track – 1C20.30
- Air track will be leveled. Place aluminum blocks under single leg of air track to create desired incline.
- Turn on the air supply.
- To find the average velocity by using two photo gates.
Location: Demo Room