Force of Surface Tension – 2A10.00
Floating Metals – 2A10.20
- Place the needle on a bit of tissue and place on the surface of fresh water.
- Sink the tissue with a stick, leaving the needle floating.
- Add a little soap to sink the needle.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 022
Surface Tension Bottle – 2A10.60
- A flask has a screw top cork with a small hole.
- Insert a slender object through the hole to show that a hole indeed exists,
- Fill the flask with water and insert the cork and invert it.
- No water will exit through the hole.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 280