Motors and Generators – 5K40.00
DC Motor – 5K40.10
- Place the battery between the uprights.
- Place the coil in the bent sections above the magnet.
- The coil should start spinning because each half turn the current is flowing through the winding and repelling off the magnet.
- As it rotates the current stops but momentum will carry the other side on around until the loop again makes connection with the current from the battery.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 276
Hand Crank Generator – 5K40.80
- Crank until the lamp shines.
Location : Demo Room