Cells and Batteries – 5E40.00
Lemonade Battery – 5E40.10
- Fill a beaker with lemonade.
- Immerse a strip of magnesium and a copper strip in the beaker.
- Connect the strips with alligator clips to an LED.
- Observe the LED light up.
- Connect the alligator clips to a battery operated clock (batteries removed).
- The clock will start ticking.
Location: Jacobs B122 Shelf 265
Human Battery – 5E40.20
- The two plates are galvanized (zinc coated) steel and copper and connected to a voltmeter.
- Place one hand on either plate.
- Observer the voltage generated on the voltmeter.
Location: Jacobs B122 – Shelf 263