Hixon Center Shareware Program
The Shareware program is an initiative through which students, faculty, and staff can borrow reusable dishes, utensils and cups for events and programs free of charge!
The goal of the program is to encourage the use of reusable dish-ware and utensils, and to discourage the use of disposable items. While paper plates and cups are cheap, easy to use, and are convenient for set-up and clean-up, most disposable alternatives are not recyclable after use and go straight to the landfill! We can divert waste from landfills by using reusable dishes, utensils and cups.
How to Request Shareware
To request Shareware, you will need to fill out the application form. Before filling it out, please note the following conditions:
- You may only request up to 30 plates (salad OR dinner), 30 cups, and 30 sets of utensils per event. We have a limited inventory, and want to create opportunities to reserve our Shareware for as many individuals as possible.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event.
- Requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The form will ask you to include your contact information, order specifications, drop-off and pick-up locations and times. Drop-off is available only for faculty and staff in the Libra complex. For student events, Shareware must be picked up directly from the Hixon Center on the first floor of Sprague.
We will happily, upon availability, pick up Shareware after use for faculty and staff. Students will need to return Shareware directly to the Hixon Center. However, please note:
- All dishes/cups should be rinsed and all food and liquid disposed of before Shareware is returned.
- Please return all items after use.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.