- Contact: Brian Gray
- Location/Time: Weekly during the academic year. Sunday through Thursday from 6–9 p.m.
- Homework Hotline website
Free, open-access, over the phone tutoring for students in grades 4–12 from local communities.
- Contact: Brian Gray
- Location/Time: Weekly during the academic year. Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30–10 p.m.
On-campus tutoring for high school students from local community. Free, open-access tutoring.
Middle Years Computer Science (MyCS)
- Contact: Professors Mike Erlinger and Zach Dodds
- Location/Time: Summer (1-week training); and academic year (on-going support to teachers)
To bring computer science modular curriculum to middle-years (middle-school and early high-school) students; and to deepen teachers’ understanding of CS.
- Contact: Allison Lim
- Location/Time: Weekly during the academic year. On Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (1:45-2:45 p.m.); Science Day is scheduled in April.
- Science Bus website
Hands-on science experiments at local elementary schools. Students create lesson plans that align with concepts studied by students. Work with teachers closely; A Spring Science Olympics day at HMC for students from the elementary schools served by Science Bus. Currently, Science Bus is a 5 College collaboration.
Mudders Making a Difference
- Contact: Sara Stevens
- Location/Time: on-going throughout the academic year.
Blood drives at HMC; Shoes that Fit fundraising; Bernard Field Station clean up; Reading for Kids; Food Rescue; Stop Hunger Now events; and help plan 5C community events.
Mentors for FIRST Robotics competition
- Contact: Sean Messenger
- Location/Time: Mentoring a team of HS students who joined the FIRST Robotics Competition during the fall semester. Competition day is in March.
Harvey Mudd College student mentors help coach a High School Robotics team (in 2010–11 it was Diamond Bar HS). Ten HMC student mentors are involved in the project.
Society of Professional Latinos in STEM (SPLS)
- Contact: Christopher Zazueta
- Location/Time: Throughout the academic year, once a month and conference day in April
Work together with Uncommon Good to assist with Sophomore and Junior workshops on the HMC campus.