In addition to audiovisual support for classes, meetings and events, ETMS provides some multimedia services to the HMC campus. These include:
- Video-production: Media services can produce a video from concept to product for use in a class or event in DVD format and/or web streaming.
- Photography: Still digital photography, and digital processing is available for research, scale models and experiments.
- DVD duplication: DVD’s can be duplicated, label printed, and packaged for $5.00 per copy.
- Legacy video conversion: VHS Video or Film can be trans-coded to digital for DVD or Web streaming.
- Slide scanning: 35mm film slides or negatives can be digitally scanned at 1800DPI for digital output.
- Digitization of archival material: Photographs, drawings, and prints, can be scanned, retouched for digital output.
- Support for multimedia software: ETMS can provide some expertise in multimedia software such as the Adobe CS Suite, Final Cut Pro and Vegas.
The services listed above must conform to laws and The Claremont Colleges’ policies regarding protection of intellectual property, including laws and policies regarding copyright, patents, and trademarks. When the content and distribution of an electronic communication would exceed fair use as defined by the federal Copyright Act of 1976, users of campus computing or networking resources shall secure appropriate permission to distribute protected material in any form, including text, photographic images, audio, video, graphic illustrations, and computer software.
Production of media may require additional resources not readily available, or material costs which will be the responsibility of the client.
Available to faculty and staff at HMC.