Career fairs provide an excellent opportunity to talk with students from all class years and majors and to collect resumes. For the last eight years, career fairs have been the number one way students have found employment.
Harvey Mudd faculty often attend to hear about your organization and to see alumni representatives. In addition, students from all seven of The Claremont Colleges are invited to attend.
New this year, the Office of Career Services will be hosting two job and internship fairs in fall and one in the spring. In fall, registration is limited to 75 organizations each day with date preference granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students from all majors are encouraged to attend both days of the fall fair.
Fall Job & Internship Fairs* | Thursday, October 8, 2015 and Friday, October 9, 2015
Spring Job & Internship Fair | Thursday, February 4, 2016
*Note: organizations may only register for one date.
Registration and Fees
The Office of Career Services reserves the right to change career fair policies procedures and rates as needed.
Standard: $600 (2 reps, 6 ft table, continental breakfast/buffet lunch)
VIP: $800 (3 reps, 6 ft. table + prime table location, one-month pre-fair advertising of organization, continental breakfast/buffet lunch, tablecloth if needed)
Nonprofit: $300 (2 reps, 6 ft. table, continental breakfast/buffet lunch)
Extra Rep: $50 each (maximum of 4)
Electricity: Included in registration, must indicate that you require when registering
Tablecloth: $10 (recommended if you do not have one)
Note: Each table is 6 feet wide, this event is indoors, please do not hang displays on the walls or bring banners, etc. that extend beyond your 6-foot table.
Linde Activities Center Gymnasium.
Official Fair Hours: 10 a.m.–2 p.m. | Employer Check-In 9 a.m.
The Linde Activities Center has been set up for wireless access. However, if many companies are on the network simultaneously, performance may be slow.
Shipping Fair Materials
- Many organizations bring promotional items. Please plan on bringing enough for 300 people.
- Packages should be boldly marked with
- company name
- fair materials
- the date (Oct. 8 or Oct. 9).
- Mail package(s) to:
Harvey Mudd College
Attn: Office of Career Services
301 Platt Blvd.
Claremont, CA 91711
- If your organization uses a third-party shipping company, please ensure that your materials are clearly marked with your company name.
- Please schedule your packages to be delivered no later than Tuesday, October 5.
- Your materials will be placed at your table the morning of the event.
- To return ship materials, bring a Federal Express or UPS prepaid label, completed with your organization information. Leave on top of the materials at your table to be shipped out the following business day (If you attend the Friday fair, materials will not be shipped until the following Monday (unless special arrangements have been made).
Loading and Unloading Zone
There is a designated loading/unloading zone on the east side of the Linde Activities Center Gymnasium.
- Please park along Foothill Boulevard; there is no charge. If parking along the north side of Foothill, please use the designated crosswalk at Foothill and Mills Avenue to cross to Harvey Mudd College.
- Any accessible parking spaces on campus may be used by those with appropriate permits.
Map and Driving Directions
See the interactive campus map for more information on the College and directions to any of the builidings.
The Visit Campus page has more information about local airports, traveling to campus, accommodations/dining in Claremont.
The organizations attending the career fairs are marketed to students across all seven Claremont College campuses on our career management system ClaremontConnect, via posters, flyers, digital signs, and student emails.
Organizations registering at the VIP level receive one month of advertising prior to the fair, which includes the logo being placed on special VIP flyers and digital signs on campus.
If you have registered as a VIP for one of the fall fair dates, please submit your organization’s logo in a .jpeg or .png format to Elizabeth Saelzler (email@example.com) by Friday, September 4, 2015.
Cancelation and No-Show Policy
Any cancelations must be made in writing (may send via email) to Elizabeth Saelzler (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than seven business days prior to the fair you are attending. A refund will be issued, less a $35 processing fee.
Career Fair “no-shows” are not entitled to registration refunds. Registration will not be eligible for rollover to another event.
Please contact Elizabeth Saelzler (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding Harvey Mudd College career fairs.