2016–2017 ASHMC Student Philanthropy Campaign
|Participation Goal||Participation to Date|
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s ASHMC Student Philanthropy Campaign!
Over 53 percent of Mudd students participated, and $7,557.49 raised to directly support students in need of financial assistance for mental health services.
Congratulations to Case, East, Linde, Sontag and South for reaching 61 percent participation, and the Class of 2020 for having the highest percent class participation at 63 percent!
February 8–20, 2017
Campaign Priority: Subsidizing Mental Health Services
Due to the positive impact that last year’s Student Philanthropy Campaign (SPC) made on mental health services and support at Harvey Mudd, the campus elected to support a similarly-focused priority again for this year’s campaign.
Last year with just over $4,500 raised by 43 percent of students, the fund supported 10 students in need of financial assistance with access to the mental health services that they needed. To date, the fund has been fully utilized.
What will funds raised for this priority contribute to?
- Funds raised for this priority will add to the current service and program to allow more students in need the ability to utilize necessary mental health services.
- For every $1,000 raised, the fund towards specialized individual mental health service interventions will provide either:
- 10 out-of-pocket sessions with a specialized provider (not a general therapist practitioner).
- 50 therapy copays for students with insurance but cannot afford the $20 per session copay.
- 50 medication copays for students with insurance but cannot afford the $20 per session copay.
- 1 expensive psychoeducational test that is used to diagnose ADHD/ADD.
- The fund can also be used to reduce fees/costs for community resources for students who do not have mental health coverage or are worried about their parent’s knowledge of them seeking help, transportation costs to or from providers, and/or co-pays for medication.
The overall Harvey Mudd student participation goal is 45 percent.
Any dorm that reaches 61 percent participation will receive a taco or pizza party and the class with the highest participation will receive a boba party!
ASHMC Student Philanthropy Committee
- Rebekah Justice ’18
- Joe Sinopoli ’17
- Anji Malpani ’18
- David Olumese ’19
Dorm Philanthropy Representatives
- Atwood Dorm – Spencer Rosen ’20 and Will Meng ’20
- Case Dorm – Ricky Shapley ’20
- Drinkward Dorm – Jenna Kahn ’20
- East Dorm – Harry Fetsch ’20 and Fanrui Sha ’19
- Linde Dorm – Alex Echevarria ’17 & Carli Lessard ’17
- North Dorm – Amberlee Baugus ’18, Alexander Goldstein ’18 and Christopher Kotcherha ’18
- Sontag Dorm – Marissa Lee ‘18
- South Dorm – Morgan Carothers ’20
- West Dorm – Anthony Romm ’18, Michaela Yaman ’18, James Adams ’18 and Ragini Kothari ‘18
Volunteer with SPC!
Complete the sign-up form if you would like to volunteer to help with the Student Philanthropy Campaign. Volunteers will help with tabling, reaching out to your dorm and class about SPC, and help collect gifts to support the campaign.