What is the Mӧbius Society?
Harvey Mudd College became reality in 1955 because a group of committed visionaries believed that a unique educational institution like HMC could fulfill a global need for scientific and technical studies informed by the humanities and social sciences. Since then, the College’s earliest group of devoted supporters has grown to a community of over 12,000 donor households formed by alumni, parents, students, trustees, faculty, staff and friends.
Harvey Mudd College is deeply grateful to the many donors who have made giving to the College a philanthropic priority over the years. Their loyalty has made the Harvey Mudd mission possible and helped build this extraordinary institution that we know and love today. We are proud to form the Mӧbius Society to recognize these donors for their consistent support of HMC. Represented by the Mӧbius strip, this symbol also graces the Alumni Association Board of Governors’ Lifetime Recognition Award, which “honors outstanding dedication to Harvey Mudd College over many years.”
- The society celebrates all giving, regardless of the designation or the amount.
- Donors are recognized for their consistent support of the College during five or more fiscal years.
- Members are considered active when they have made a gift to the College within the prior three fiscal years.
- We celebrate a donor’s loyalty when they reach milestones for each fifth year of giving.
Historical Giving By the Numbers (as of June 30, 2020)
- 2,033 households have given five or more years.
- 1,494 households have given 10 or more years.
- 666 households have given 25 or more years.
- 44 households have given 50 or more years.
If you have questions about whether your years of support qualifies you for inclusion in the Mӧbius Society, please contact the Office of Annual Giving by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the Honor Roll of Donors, including how your name is presented, contact the Office of Stewardship and Events at email@example.com.