SCAMFest: A Cappella at the 5C’s

Hey guys! I know I’m super late with this blog, so you’re gonna get two from me this week!

The first one is about SCAMFest, which was two weeks ago. For those of you who don’t know, SCAMFest is a national a cappella show that happens here at the 5C’s, and is largely (I’m not sure if entirely?) organized by the Claremont Shades, one of the groups here.

My group, the Ninth Street Hooligans

My group, the Ninth Street Hooligans

Last year’s SCAMFest was one of the first times that I saw my a cappella group, the 9th Street Hooligans, perform, and it was awesome. Being on stage this year was honestly pretty nerve wracking, but it was a great experience, and I got a lot of really positive feedback on it! (I’m the highest hand on the right.)

A 5C group, the After School Specials

A 5C group, the After School Specials

SCAMFest is one of the few times in the year that all of the 5C’s a cappella groups come together, to showcase new songs, and really set a tone for the year. Videos from SCAMFest are one of the things that first years see before even coming to school, so the groups like to put their best foot forward, to grow their fanbase and get people interested in auditioning for their groups.

A 5C group, Midnight Echo

A 5C group, Midnight Echo

Besides just bringing the a cappella groups from the 5C’s together, SCAMFest always pulls in a few a cappella groups from around California to perform on stage with us. No competition, just everyone coming to perform and put on a good show. Honestly, that’s the sort of thing that I’m in a cappella for.

The SoCal Vocals, one of the out of town groups

If you couldn’t make it to SCAMFest this year, here’s a link to videos of all the performances.

That’s all for now guys, see you at the end of the week!