Summer at HMC

Share story

The blog’s been a little quiet lately since our seniors graduated earlier this month. Luckily, with the arrival of summer, some Mudders are back on campus. Kaitlin is a rising senior working in our office and she’ll be guest blogging throughout the summer. Here’s Kaitlin and her first blog post:

Hello everyone! My name’s Kaitlin Hansen. I’m a rising senior engineering major from Minnesota (although I’ve lived in France and Mexico as well). I’ve been a tour guide for the Office of Admissions since summer of 2013. And now I’m back, this time as an admissions senior intern. If you visit campus this summer, I (or Lin, the other senior intern) am likely to be the one interviewing you.

A picture of me!

A picture of me!

School’s been out for about two weeks, but I wanted to share with you what I’ve gotten up to so far. The Friday of finals week, when we were done with all projects, tests and presentations, two friends and I went hiking to see the sunrise. It was too cloudy to see the sun, but gorgeous nonetheless. A perfect end to the school year, and start to the summer.

The mountains were snowy, although we didn’t hike high enough to reach the snow!

The sunrise, with rain clouds moving in.)

The sunrise, with rain clouds moving in.

This past weekend a friend and I traveled to LA to visit the California Science Center and the nearby rose garden. Although we didn’t see the Endeavour, we did have fun wandering the other exhibits!

Roses!

Roses!

And, of course, I’ve been reading a lot and watching many movies. Some of my current favourites include: the Fable graphic novel series, Game of Thrones (re-reading), Death Note, Interstellar, and X-Men (which I hadn’t seen). My plans for the next few days include making French toast, hiking some more, and starting designs for a rocket. Hope everyone else is powering through their last few weeks of school, or enjoying their start to summer!