Sunday, October 14, 2007
Linde, South, Atwood, Case, Social, West, North, Sontag, SFC, DAC
Linde: Dorm meeting a week from Thursday.
South: Dorm meeting last Tuesday.
Sontag: Doing well.
Atwood: Doing well.
CAP: Doing well.
Case: Dorm meeting last Friday. We agreed that Halloween would be a L-by-L basis, and Casemas too far away.
West: Dorm meeting on Thursday. Yearbook rep: Diego Gonzales. Pimps ‘n Hos went fine.
SFC: Going to have student-faculty ultimate Frisbee game next week.
Social: Trick or Drink on the 27th.
North: Dorm meeting this Thursday. Frosh prank went well but dorm still messy. Cleaning up.
DAC: Dean Guy’s working on getting an ATM in the mailroom. We’re forming a subcommittee to create a proposal gender-blind housing (where guy and girl can stay in the same room, upon certain conditions). Parties going well.
Lindsay: Think we have yearbook reps from all the dorms, but haven’t heard from Case or Atwood.
Eric: No one volunteered from Case.
Budget Proposal: Pirates of the Caribbean Marathon
Adrian: Show 3 movies in. Then talk about the Free Culture Movement. Talks about liberation of free property laws. Has to do with issues like file sharing, patents. Would hold info sessions on the history of Hollywood, and info about a political party in Sweden called the Pirate Party, then talk about the Motion Association(?) of America.
Ben: Big thing: we wanted to buy eyepatches and free culture stickers.
Lindsay: Is this a 5C event?
Ben: Asking Scripps for the majority of the money, and asking $100 from Mudd.
Anu: Not asking any of the other 3Cs?
Ben: Being held at the humanities auditorium at Scripps.
Patrick: Renting movies? Did you make sure this is all right with the company?
Ben: Non-profit, so it should be okay.
Ben: Would start the weekend of Fall Break, and then it will be over 3 successive weeks.
Jesus: What would be the expected amount of Mudders?
Ben: Last year we held a dubbing of the Harry Potter movies, in the same place. So we think that Mudders would be the most people there.
Anu: Eyepatches and stickers just accessories?
--Asking us for $100. Any opinions?
Anu: For 5C budgeting last year, Mudd didn’t give them any money. Didn’t give any because of legal issues.
Last year: They asked for money and hinting towards doing things that were illegal. Somewhat related to distribution. But this is clearly legal.
--: I feel like they should ask for other 3Cs for money.
--: But other 3Cs don’t have that many members.
-- If 30 or 40 Mudders are going, it seems reasonable to me.
PASSED: Motion to approve funding request 5C Free Culture Movement $100 for the event:
DAC: E-mailed Aaron Macrus..kabitska to be the main man of the electronic voting subcommittee.
Patrick: Also he’s a sophomore, so he’ll be around for a while to talk to people about it.
Patrick: We should discuss how much to pay Aaron.
-- I’d say around 200-300. It would probably take around 10 working hours.
-- Paid Ross him $200, and then campsec paid him $300.
-- Have to think of how to pay Ross who’s working with him. Ross is also going to be contacted by Social to make another card system, so maybe we could pay him in one package.
-- Basically, there’s going to be a database that pulls names from a database so they can’t vote twice. And then Ross’s system would pull names from the same database. So Aaron and Ross just have to work together to use a singular database.
-- Maybe we should ask them how many hours they think they’d put into this.
-- Given the project objections, can you ask him how many hours he thinks he’d need to put into this?
-- I’d rather have the price settled before we go into this.
-- Maybe we could say we’ll pay Aaron $300, and then $100 to Ross.
-- Last year, Ross came back to ask for more money. So they can do the same.
-- If they feel they’ve done a lot more work, then we could ask them
-- We could also assign an hourly wage. We wouldn’t be dealing with timesheets, but then an estimate how many hours, and then give an amount based on that.
-- But I feel like if we do hourly, it could get too complicated, and unfair for other positions.
APPROVED: Motion to pay $300 to Aaron:
Jesus: Also, Social going to buy speakers soon. Not sure who we’re going to get money from. It almost feels like it should be ASHMC speakers instead of Social speakers, since non-parties used them (like IHTP). Don’t know what the price would be. Probably between $5,000-$10,000.
Anu: Did we figure out anything about the shed?
Lindsay: She hasn’t had time to meet with me about it yet.
Jesus: Can also have a meeting with Robin?