Sunday, October 7, 2007
Case, DAC, Social, SFC, Linde, East, North
Atwood missing, but update provided by Oksana
CAP, South, Lucia, West
Anu: Same amount of money.
East: No disturbances from Suds party.
SFC: Everybody won from voting. For freshmen, decided by one vote. So we have to re-run the elections, hopefully starting by Wednesday. Had a student/faculty lunch, wasn’t high attendance, but whoever was there enjoyed it. A lot of profs liked the idea, but couldn’t come. Need to figure out another day.
North: Suds party last night. Went really well.
Social: Suds went really well! Pimps ‘n Hos party next weekend, but don’t have anything. Only have set dates for Trick or Drink (27th) and concert in TG is planned for November 17, and LTG on December 1. Wild Wild West hasn’t been set, but assuming in November like always.
Social will pay for wristbands for parties, will have really bizarre designs so they can’t be duplicated. We’d also like to pay for the remainder of pizza/food for parties. And safety stuff, all from general budget. Need to re-write party policy with Dean Chris.
DAC: Putting tape on bikes, give them a week for people to remove their bikes. Wristband double-line thing at parties really helped, no long lines, no rushed fences. Party capped itself, around 12:15 or so people stopped coming. Also ordered 100 pizzas, which was a good idea.
Case: Dorm meeting this Thursday, will discuss Halloween haunted house idea and Casemas.
CAP: Had another Delicious Dinner Day event last Thursday, sushi.
Atwood: Party last Friday, went well.
Sontag: Ping pong table now, borrowed from LAC.
South: Dorm meeting next week.
Linde: Either going to have dorm meeting this week or week after that. Will decide tomorrow.
West: Got a firepit installed this week, got whiteboards, looking forward to Pimps ‘n Hos this weekend, and dorm meeting on the 18th.
International Banquet Proposal
Dean Noda: Date is Saturday, November 17, so possibly night of TG Affair. IPlace wants to use the Hoch because it’s the only place to sit 500 people. Last year it was too hard to serve dinner, clean, then serve dinner again.
Options: We could tell iPlace we can’t do it, or could give up dinner and have students eat somewhere else, or dining service is willing to put on a BBQ in the Green Room during regular hours for students.
Dgro: What do we gain from having this international banquet?
Dean Noda: Hoping to have more 5C events. Will probably have ~70 Mudders out of 500.
Anu: Last year, we had CAP subsidize tickets, which got a lot of people go. A lot of faculty go too. And other times it’s held at Pomona, and it’s hard to get Mudders to go there.
Marielle: BBQ idea sounds good idea.
Dean Noda: We also draw ~700 people on Saturday nights (Sushi nights).
General consensus: BBQ sounds like a good idea.
Marielle: I have cravings for the green pasta on Sunday.
Updated on Jonny & Hockey Club’s proposal:
--: Jonny fixed charter. Told him that he asked for too much.
They want $400 now.
--: Does $400 cover half the jersey/pants thing?
--: We could give them $400, and tell them to come back if they run out of money.
Motion for $400 to Hockey Club
In favor: 13; Passed
Lindsay: Could you guys send Liz (one of the yearbook editors) the names of who’s interested in helping with the yearbook? We need to make sure we have a committee for the editors to support them.
Electronic Voting Subcommittee
Lindsay: Last week we dealt with selecting a person to develop electronic voting system.
Jesus: We printed out a list of requirements, going to make a contract, but first going to interview the students who are interested. Basically, we have everything we need, and then we’ll talk to them about their implementation. Me, Leah, and Patrick will be interviewing them. So hopefully will have someone who’s in charge for you by next Sunday.
Patrick: Also going to get Ross to help us get a swipe system in the Hoch for people who want to vote in the Hoch and to make sure people don’t vote twice.
Marielle: Also think we should get another card reader to help us get people through lines at parties. It would be really convenient to have a second card reader, will talk to Ross to find out details.
Lindsay: Could we have a date before the 10th where the person in charge could come to us and tell us their plans?
Jesus: Also we’re going to have the person give us monthly updates.
Marielle: Also, other schools are asking to borrow our card swipe system.
Lindsay: Other schools should ask Ross to build them a card swipe system if they want one.
Marielle: Also speakers are broken. Going to put together a proposal for speakers, need to get them soon.
Motion to approve minutes from last week:
In favor: 8