*ASHMC Council Meeting*
Location: LAC Riggs
Start: 4:04 PM
Minutes Taking: Dmitri Skjorshammer Agenda:
4:00 pm Convene
4:01 Status reports
4:10 Fund Request: Fun Activities Club (Taylor Neiman)
4:20 Proposal: Summer Social and Summer CAP (Taylor Neiman)
4:25 Discussion: Finish going over constitution changes
4:40 Discussion: West fire pit continued
4:50 Executive session
5:00 pm Adjourn
Present: Wray, Foley, Anu, South, Atwood, East, Case, DAC, Athletics, Noda, East, Sontag, Social, Neiman, Linde, West
- South: dorm meeting all good
- Atwood: barbq for new/old people. Small party this coming party
- CAP (proxy by atwood): helping with noisy minutes
- Sontag: ice cream sodas this week, Patty’s last week.
- Athletics: rescheduling soccer and b-ball b/c of prefrosh weekend. Every dorm has $200 to spend on Athletics.
- DAC: nothing
- Social: ok
- Linde: ice cream, dorm meeting soon
- West: dorm meeting this week
- Case: doing fine.
- East: fine, voting for nominee’s for dorm positions.
- Treasurer: about $1900 left. All club receipts due today.
Fund Request: Fun Activities Club (Taylor Neiman) 4:09PM
- 1st one is from fun activities club
- Allocated $300 (disputed: $150)
- 142 students on mailing list
- Neiman: requesting $200 extra for rest of the year
- Atwood: what are you doing for activities?
- Neiman: we have some ideas, such as glow in the dark bowling. We believe more members will throw ideas
- Sontag: is it fully subsidized for students?
- Neiman: yes, but it also depends on activities we do.
- Sontag: internal fundraising?
- Neiman: we haven’t done it yet. We are thinking of doing t-shirts
- Foley: ask CAP for money?
- Neiman: not really, we don’t want to become a subsidized part of CAP
- Foley: who is on the planning committee?
- Neiman: several people
Proposal: Summer Social and Summer CAP (Taylor Neiman)
- create a summer CAP and summer Social because not everybody can afford activities because of Summer Math. Transfer allocated funds to these events.
- Summer CAP: LA trip
- Summer Social: throw parties, not necessarily alcoholic
- Wray: will this help DOS?
- Noda: yes.
- Wray: I suggest talk to Oksana and Ginna and perhaps combine with DOS and CAP for Summer CAP.
- Foley: I like the idea of appointing a Summer CAP position
- Neiman: Summer Social would just be like School Social
- Marielle: we need money in order to get this going?
- Wray: wouldn’t it be easier to just get a Summer Fund.
- Marielle: we would like to save some for it rather than hoping that some money will be allocated from unused funds.
Discussion: Fun Activities Club
- give him $150
- Atwood: motion to give $200.
- For: 10
- Against: 1
- Abstain: 2
Discussion: Summer CAP, Summer Social/ Summer Fund
- let’s talk about it later
Discussion: Finish going over constitution changes
- Wray: picking up at Article 5, section 5. Getting rid of SFC committee and adding Class President’s committee.
- Article 5, Section 6: Class Dormitory Government. Nothing needs to be changed.
- Amendments to bylaws: Section 4
- Dissolved all appointed positions (already discussed) and add some positions (such as Summer Chair, Rep for Environmental Sustainability Committee, OID committee)
- Elections for ASHMC offices are happening at the 5th week before commencement.
- Social: motion for constitution change including fixed capitalization
- For: 11
- Against: 0
- Abstain: 1
Discussion: West fire pit continued
- west: talked to Tom Schaffer and they don’t have the money. Talked to alums but they haven’t gotten back.
- Wray: we have the money to get $3000 (Noda knows that $3000 will be matched by other funds). The question is whether we want to give $3000 to West.
- Foley: let’s put the number to a student vote. What should the number be?
- Wray: how much do you think west could raise on its own?
- West: there is not a lot of fundraising except going around the dorm (estimate: $300 - $500). We will spend money that we have on TQ festivities.
- Marielle: if you make TQ a Mudd-Scripps party then we can give you more.
- West: the problem with Mudd-Scripps is that it will attract CMC which can be devastating.
- Marielle: maybe the party can be held at the same time that CMC has its own (May 3rd).
- Wray: what is the number?
- Marielle: I am for putting it to a student vote.
- Wray: since we can see how much money we get from other clubs, we can push this vote to a 2nd election.
- Burritos for last meeting (Chipotle)
- Anu/Foley/Marielle: IHTP got its money
- Byram: Motion to approve minutes
- For: 8
- Abstain: 1
- Against: 0