ASHMC Council Meeting
Minutes Taking: Dmitri Skjorshammer
Location: LAC Riggs
Start: 4:00 PM
End: 4:39 PM
*ASHMC Council Meeting*
4:00 pm Convene
4:01 Status reports
4:10 Fund request: Climbing Club (Tom Donze)
4:15 Fund request: GoalFive (Alex Randall)
4:20 Fund request: ESW (Matthew Jeffreys)
4:25 Discussion: SFC (Leah Anderson)
4:35 Proposal Presentation: If there are any proposals ready to go to a vote
4:45 Executive session
4:50 pm Adjourn
Present: Linde, DAC (Rogstad), Athletics (Byram), Marielle (Social Chair), Patrick Foley (VP), Lindsay Wray (President), Anu Kohli (Treasurer), Dean Noda, Aurora Pribram Jones/Kenny (West), Oksana Sergeeva (CAP), Urowsky (Sontag), East (Lawson), Donna (Atwood), Cassie (Atwood), North (Martin), others
Wray: Martin Pyne, secretary for DAC is present
- Meeting with FM
- Slinky dress Friday night
- Getting rid of disgusting firepit
- Parties on Friday and Saturday
- Signups for relays à no responses
- Trying to do activities that gets everybody involved
- Few signups
- nothing to report
- nothing to report
- nothing to report
- good, nothing to report
- new sontag residence barbeque
- bought heater, very nice
- let IHTP know that they don’t need heaters for Thomas Garrett Party
- Useful for ASHMC to own the outdoor heaters
- Wray: bring a proposal next week
- Campsec brought in during meeting
Anu Kohli: want to make sure everybody got checks…yes
Foley: new election for senior honor board representative
Wray: Tom Donze start on your request
Fund Request: Climbing Club (Tom Donze)
- Climbing club has gotten slot passes to climbing in Upland à not well because only for specific times
- This semester offer subsidized passes à 30 students replied
- Ask Byram for athletic equipment
- Ask money for new money for road trips etc. All money used up last semester
- Byram: I can give $15 to each student
- Asking for $675 for climbing club
- Anu: last semester you did group passes, this time it’s on an individual case. What if some students want to go once?
- Tom: this is more of a CAP thing
Fund Request: GoalFive (Alex Randall)
- idea is to bring 8-10 local speakers to talk about strategic vision goal (ex: paul stamens, mushrooms save the world)
- conference takes place on last weekend in March
- What we need from you is $1,499
- Admission is free
- Approximately 200 seats reserved in Galileo for Mudds
- Wray: any questions?
- Lawson: why are paying Stamets $2000 which is relatively more?
- Eberle: Because he’s big
- Foley: would you mind if we gave you more money
- Alex: no
- Foley: I am involved…*lists off contributors*
- Anu: open to all 5C’s???
- Eberle: yes
- Foley: we will send out students-l mail around March 1st
- Wray: Tom Donze’s request
- Byram: we can help
- Rogstad: motion to approve Climbing Club
- Wray: give more than $1499 to GoalFive
- They should come back and ask
- Rogstad: motion to approve $1499
Wray: we will not discuss because Leah is not here
- The idea is to disband SFC committee à it’s not worth having anymore
- We will discuss it when leah is here
- We will also add freshman, sophomore president and vice-president to ASHMC
- Wray: comments?
- Marielle: I think SFC is nice because it invites professors. It would be good to have funding for student-faculty social events
- Wray: we will have to write a new setup. It would be good to have freshman/sophomore presidents here.
- Marielle: why is Social Committee in DAC?
- DAC chair: talk later about it.
- Lawson: if freshman class president and vice president aren’t really doing anything then why do we have them?
- Wray: Anyone have any?
- Wray: How much money do we have?
- Anu: around $9000
- Foley: speaking of proposals, Aurora had some proposal sheets
- Marielle: I talked to Aurora about this. It’s a concert series. The band asked to rent equipment because of fear of blowing out amps etc. SFC helped cut down the cost. Social committee was still reluctant. The bands asked $2,500. Social committee gave $2,000. They actually need more than $2,500.
- Wray: so we are looking at creating a concert series?
- Marielle: yes, it’s also not alcohol centered. It would be great to have a separate fund since we are paying the bands very little.
- Wray: any comments?
- Foley: are we voting on this today?
- Foley: are we going to have a director?
- Marielle: I can do an interim position, but when we formalize the role of the position, we can get a director. An appointed campus concert director would be great.
- Wary: the idea today is to fund IHTP out of a goodness of our hearts and to create the concert series and someone who can overlook it.
- Marielle: we can wait and formalize later
- Wray: can you tell IHTP to come next week?
- Marielle: ok
- DAC Chair: I think this is a good idea, but we should fund IHTP first since it’s next week.
- Marielle: I agree, we should wait the funding for the concert series since it is worth more time.
Wray: anything for the executive session?