Clubs are a great way for Mudders to get together and meet people who share common interests. Clubs hold meetings and events, and can seek funding from ASHMC to fund things like food for meetings, club events, or school-wide events. If you are a club president, make sure to subscribe to email@example.com.
Join a Club
For more information about what clubs are on campus, see the Student Organizations page and attend the Mudd Club Fair and the 5C Club Fair, held at the beginning of the school year. Don't forget to check out 5C clubs as well!
1. First, decide the name/topic of your club. Talk to people you know and get a rough idea of at least how many people would join your club.
2. Make a club charter.
3. Create an e-mail list for your club (for instance, firstname.lastname@example.org). E-mail students-l saying you are interested in starting a club, and asking people interested in your club's topic to subscribe to your list.
4. Present your club charter to the ASHMC Council at an ASHMC meeting (bring 15 copies of your charter with you). You will just explain your club to the Council, the current interest level, and then the Council will ask questions if they have any. To be put on the agenda for the next ASHMC meeting, e-mail the President by Wednesday 4pm. Meetings are Sundays at 4pm in the LAC Riggs Room. You will be notified whether the club is ASHMC-approved within a few days.
5. You can also present a budget request at the same meeting or at a later meeting. For information on how to request funding, click here.
6. Subscribe to club-presidents-l by e-mailing email@example.com with "subscribe club-presidents-l" in the body.
A club charter must be renewed every year, which can be done during Mudd Club Budgeting in April/May. For information about requesting funding, click here. To change bank accounts from old presidents to new presidents, use the Account Change Form.