Young alumni involvement in College activities is a top priority for President Maria Klawe, the Board of Trustees, the Board of Governors and the entire HMC community. Alumni Weekend will be here soon (April 29 - May 1) and we would like to extend a special invitation to our young alumni to attend.
A number of our activities this year were designed to let our most recent alumni know that they are an important part of the HMC community. We welcome them back to campus with great enthusiasm. Maria herself is so committed to this idea that she, for the second consecutive year, is paying 50% of the registration costs for graduates of the last five years. Maria believes that financial concerns should not prevent you from participating in what is the biggest on-campus celebration of the year. Check the Alumni Weekend page for a list of all the activities you won’t want to miss!
Getting involved in a number of ways keeps your relationship with the College strong. Here are some examples of the how you can stay in touch and be involved throughout the year:
- Come to campus events: Mentioned above but worth repeating--Alumni Weekend is right around the corner! Register today!
- Come to regional events: HMC on the road--we are bringing the campus to you. Check the Alumni Relations website for more information about our regional programming.
- Mentor a current student: As a past navigator of the HMC experience, your input can really help.
- Encourage your employer to hire other HMC grads. Or, if you are an employer, hire HMC grads!
- Make a gift this year: Strong alumni participation helps our rankings and allows us to provide other students with the same excellent educational opportunity you enjoyed. This year, your gift has super powers! For more information, visit the Alumni Participation Challenge webpage.
- Volunteer at an Admission College Fair: Help recruit the next generation of HMC scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
- Come to Alumni Weekend! (Really? We’re saying it again?)
Alumni Weekend webpage
Alumni Weekend Facebook