Maria Klawe was installed as the fifth president of Harvey Mudd College Feb. 3, 2007. Before the inauguration ceremony, she shared with the HMC community the results of a year of planning and discussion on campus and across the country. "HMC 2020: Envisioning the Future" is an ambitious outline of the college's aspirations for the next decade, and beyond.
The new vision revolves around six themes:
- Innovation, Leadership, and Impact, Especially in Engineering, Science and Mathematics
- Focus on Experiential and Interdisciplinary Learning
- Unsurpassed Excellence and Diversity at All Levels
- Nurturing and Developing the Whole Person
- Global Engagement and Informed Contributions to Society
- Improvement of Infrastructure and Resources to Support HMC's Commitment to Excellence and Building Community
You can download the PDF version of the strategic vision document, or complete the request form and have one mailed to you. In order to control printing costs and minimize the effects on the environment, printed copies will be mailed only upon request.