To remove the iMesh peer-to-peer file sharing software from your PC, follow
the instructions below.
- If you have any documents that you wish to keep inside any iMesh folders
(by default in the C:\Program Files\iMesh\ directory), transfer
these files into another non-iMesh related folder on your computer before
following any of the other instructions below. Removing the iMesh software
automatically removes some folders and their contents, so if
you do not move files that you want to keep to another location you will
permanently lose them.
- To begin removing iMesh open the Control Panel from the
Settings section of the Windows Start Menu.
- From there open Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Change or Remove Programs category in the grey
column on the left-hand side of the Add/Remove Programs window.
- Scroll down until you find iMesh, select it, and click on
- If you are not planning on leaving some components of iMesh on your
computer, select Automatic in the uninstallation
screen that pops up and click Next >, followed by Finish
on the next screen.
- Once the iMesh uninstallation is done running, you will need to go into
the Program Files directory and delete the iMesh folder along with all of its
contents, so that you can uninstall the remaining components added to your
computer with iMesh.
- When you have deleted the iMesh folder from the Program Files, return to
Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and locate
iMesh ads support.
- Select iMesh ads support and click Change/Remove. It should be
removed with no difficulty.
- Continuing in Add/Remove Programs find New.net Domains (which
was also added with iMesh) and click Change/Remove. When asked to
restart your system select No - I will restart later.
- Finally locate TopText iLookup in Add/Remove Programs and again
click Change/Remove. Now click Finish in the window that
- Close all your programs and restart your computer and you are done!
Harvey Mudd College Computing and Information Services