There are many different (and easy) ways that you help with the Science Bus:
- You can volunteer as a teacher and work with students. This is a two hour/week time commitment.
- You can help create lesson plans via our lesson writing wiki. Anyone is welcome to contribute to these lessons, but if you wish to become more involved in the process you can attend the lesson writing meetings on Sundays at 11:30am in the Hoch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You can help collect supplies.
- You can serve on the Science Olympics committee.
- You can help out with the High School Leadership Program.
To do any of these, it will help if you are on our mailing list. If you're on this list, you can expect an email about once every 2-3 weeks. Follow the instructions below to get on our list:
- Prepare an email to send to email@example.com (the email should have no subject)
- In the body of the email, type "subscribe sciencebus-l" exactly as shown here without the quotes (the listserver system is a computer that can only respond to emails with the propoer syntax)
- After sending the email, you should receive another email asking for an authentication email to be sent
- Follow the instructions and send that email
- If that fails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you've added yourself to our mailing list, visit our active website and take a look at the different projects we have going on. We are currently working in four different elementary schools in Pomona (Montvue, Allison, Roosevelt, and San Antonio). If you would like to become involved in the Science Bus program, please email email@example.com with your interests.