Environmental Studies at HMC
Emphasis in Environmental Analysis
The new Emphasis in Environmental Analysis is a coordinated program of study leading to a certificate issued by the HMC Center for Environmental Studies. This is not a major, but an supplement to the existing HMC major courses of study.
Other Academic options:
There are a wide variety of courses taught in environmental sciences on the five college campuses. (View sample syllabi here)
Multiple academic options are available for HMC students interested in environmental studies. They may:
- Complete their Humanities and Social Science concentration in Environmental Studies.
- Enroll in the Semester in Environmental Science at the Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA.
- Pursue an informal emphasis in Environmental Analysis within an HMC technical major.
- Design a major in Environmental Studies as an Individual Program of Study.
- Double major in an HMC technical discipline and Environmental Analysis 5-college-wide.
- Complete an off-campus major in the 5-college Environmental Analysis program.
- Complete the requirements of a typical major in Environmental Studies without entering a formal program.