CENTRIPETAL FORCE DEMO - 1D50.20
- A long string is freely hanging through a small pipe, used as a handle.
- Tie a bob on one end of a string and hang weights on the other end.
- The bob and the string are lighter than the hanging weight.
- Twirl the bob overhead while the twirling action suspends the mass.
- Observe the suspended mass pulling the bob inward due to the tension in the string.
Location: Jacobs B122
- Swing pail in a large vertical circle.
Location: Jacobs B122- Shelf 374
- The chain is mounted on the motor.
- Start the motor by turning on the switch
- Abruptly push the chain away from the motor
- Chain will roll to a distance before it collapses.
Location: Demo Room