I'm delighted to welcome you to Harvey Mudd College, one of the most unique undergraduate colleges in the world. HMC attracts exceptionally talented students from across the United States and around the world, who want a superb education combining depth in mathematics, science and engineering with a strong component of social sciences and humanities.
The small student body (currently about 777), the extraordinary commitment to teaching and faculty-student research by the 87 faculty members, and pervasive culture of originality, fun, collaboration and supportiveness make HMC a one-of-a kind educational community. It's also one of the few institutions where the president could teach a course, lead a research project, or ride a unicycle without seeming out of place (no, I can't ride a unicycle yet but I CAN juggle four balls ... though not terribly well).
If you are someone wondering whether Harvey Mudd College might be the right place for you, the answer is yes if the following description matches your interests and values:
- You love math, science, problem solving and being creative
- You also enjoy subjects in the humanities and social sciences
- You want to be part of a community where all the students, professors and staff know each other and you are given respect, responsibility and support
- You enjoy working and playing hard and being intellectually challenged and inspired
- You want to use your abilities to make a difference in the world and to spend your time with people who feel the same way
Yes, it's an amazing place!