Student Instructions for web-registration and course enrollment.
Faculty Instructions for processing permissions and managing waitlists.
FA13 Web-Registration Schedule
April 23 - 25
- Students decide on courses and get advisers' signatures
- Ask for PERMission, via the portal, to enroll in classes requiring enrollment approval
- Return signed web-reg card to Registrar's Office for web registration access clearance prior to registration appointment time
- Apr. 23: Junior web registration (24 hour access period to portal window from appointment registration time)
- Apr. 24: Sophomore web registration (24 hour access period to portal window from appointment registration time)
- Apr. 25: First Year web registration (24 hour access period to portal window from appointment registration time)
Prior to Web-Registration
In preparation for web-registration you will meet with your advisor(s) to determine which courses you will be taking, submit PERMissions to instructors for courses which require these, complete your web-registration card and receive course approvals from your advisor(s) and submit your completed web-registration card to the Office of the Registrar for Course Clearance Aurhorization. The Registrar's Office will place a copy of your web-registration card in your mailbox which you will use during your web-registration appointment time and open enrollment to enroll yourself into your courses.
You will receive your web-reg cards in their mailbox. You should access your Student Portal to explore courses offered during the next semester. Meet with your advisor to determine the courses you will need to take. Write these courses on your web-reg card completely, legibly and accurately (include all indicated fields). Have your advisor(s) sign your web-reg card in the appropriate fields. Next, bring your web-reg card to the Office of the Registrar to receive web-reg clearance authorization. The Office of the Registrar maintains your original web-reg card, but will put a copy of it in your campus mailbox which you will use to register for courses during your web-registration time window.
FA13 Course Information
There will be no course schedules printed. Up-to-date course and enrollment information can be found on the portal.
Web Registration Clearance Authorization and PERMissions
- Web-Registration Clearance:
Students should contact their advisers to make appointments to discuss their schedules. Advisers should review and approve their advisees' intended courses (including alternate courses) and sign the card. Students will take their completed, signed web-reg card to the Office of the Registrar for web registration access clearance prior to their web-reg appointment time.
- PERMs -- for classes requiring permission:
Instructors may receive enrollment permission requests from students wanting to enroll in courses which require permission. Students request permission to enroll via a request tab on the portal. Notified by a portal generated e-mail, the instructor goes to the portal; selects the course and views permission requests. The instructor can then either:
- grant permission if and only if there is room in the class
- give permission even if there is no room in the class, thereby overriding course size limits
- deny permission
- postpone making a decision until web-registration has been completed
- email the student for more information
When a decision is made, an e-mail goes out to the student and the course permission table is updated. Registration is NOT AUTOMATIC.
The student must add the course in order to be enrolled.
- When web-reg appointment time window begins, a student with registration clearance enrolls themsef into their courses via the student portal from a location of their choice.
- The adviser receives nightly e-mail reports of the adding and dropping of courses by his/her advisees.
- Instructors may receive enrollment permission requests from students wanting to enroll in courses. Unprocessed permission requests become the waitlist for a class.
- The Registrar Office staff enrolls students in classes if, and only if there is difficulty enrolling via the portal.