Pre-Registration from Off Campus
First Things First
- Notify Dean of Students or the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs that you are planning to return to HMC and pre-register for the next semester. (Study Abraod students do not need to notify the Dean.)
- Look at the HMC Registrar’s website for pre-registration information, including schedule of courses, college catalogue, web-registration instructions and course planning worksheet.
Now It’s Time to Web-Register
- Web-registration can be done via the Student Portal and/or by email. If you use email, please put your last name as the first word in the Subject area for the email, so your email correspondence can be quickly identified.
- After exploring available courses via Course Search on the Student Portal, select your courses for the semester.
- Send your course list to the Registrar and your advisers first by e-mail so you can receive web pre-registration authorization clearance, so that you will not experience any delays when you appointment time occurs.
- Have your advisers review your list and send their approval to Liz Engle, Assistant Registrar at Liz_Engle@hmc.edu with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. This may take a few exchanges with your advisor before approval is given. When responding, have you and your adviser put your name in the subject line for all e-mail communication.
- You will be given a web-registration appointment time as if you are on campus. When your time occurs, you can start web-registering in the classes that have been approved via the Student Portal. You will have 48 hours in which you can add, drop, and/or modify your schedule from the beginning of your appointment time.
If you are unable to access a computer/the Internet during your web-registration time, forward an e-mail to Liz Engle, Assistant Registrar at Liz_Engle@hmc.edu along with a list of your courses and your adviser approvals and a staff member of the Registrar's Office will web-register you for your courses on your behalf during your web-registration time. If only your HSA adviser has sent the needed approval, then you will only be web-registered in your approved HSA courses. When approval arrives later for other courses, you will be web-registered into them.
Things To Remember
- Get all the necessary PERMissions for courses that require instructor approval, via the PERMission system. If a course needs instructor approval, you need to get that approval via the PERMission system before you can be web-registered into the class.
- Be sure to check that you have the necessary prerequisites for your courses. Have some alternates listed and approved in case your first choices become full/closed before your web-registration time.
- When you return to HMC, you can adjust/complete your schedule of courses. Registration will continue through the 10th day of the semester, September 17, 2012.
- Ask questions if you need more information about web-registration.