Mac OS X
- Open the System Preferences Application. It is located in the Apple menu. Go to the Network Preference Pane.
- Make sure the Ethernet is selected in the Show: pop-up menu.
- In the TCP/IP Panel, make sure the Configure: pop-up menu says Using DHCP
- Switch to the AppleTalk tab and check the "Make Appletalk Active" or "Enable AppleTalk" box.
- Quit System Preferences.
- Finally, if you want to be able to run keyed software from the CIS file server Charlie over the network you must run the KeyAccess installer. (Note: Keyed applications are not available for use on student systems.) A copy of this installer can be found on Charlie in the folder Charlie.Mac:OS X Applications:Utilites:KSClient.sea
- If you are connecting to Charlie from Mac OS X, CIS recommends using the SMB protocol to do so. To connect to Charlie via SMB, select 'Connect to Server...' from the Go menu in Finder (or press the default hotkey Command-K). Enter the Server Address in the connection window as shown in the following picture:
- After entering the address, press Connect. (You can also click the + button to add the address to your list of favorite servers, to save having to type the address every time.) You'll be prompted login with your charlie username and password (the Domain should be HMC). After entering those and pressing OK, you'll then be asked to choose which volume to mount. Select the desired volume and press OK again, and it will appear as a network drive on your desktop.