In the interests of making HMC computing resources as easily accessible to all users, the following instructions are provided for those who wish to convert certain interfaces over to a grayscale format more suitable for colorblind users.
Harvey Mudd College recommends Firefox for browsing the internet due to its powerful plugin capability. By utilizing the Stylish plugin for Firefox, users can modify the display styles of websites to suit their liking.
Setting up Firefox and Stylish
- Download and install Firefox by clicking here: Get Firefox! (If you already use Firefox, you can skip this step.)
- Run Firefox. In theTools menu, choose Add-ons.
- Click the Get Addons button/tab at the top of the add-ons window.
- In the addon window's search box, type stylish and press the Enter (or Return) key.
- The Stylish add-on should be the first result. Select it and press the Add to Firefox... button on the right side.
- When the confirmation dialog appears asking if you trust the addon, click Install Now.
- After the addon is installed, you will need to restart Firefox for it to be loaded. You can press the Restart Firefox button which should now be visible at the top of the add-ons window to do so.
Loading HMC accessibility styles into StylishThe following predefined accessibility styles have been created by CIS for your convenience. If you have a knowledge of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), you can also create your own Stylish settings. To install a predefined style for one of the resources below, click on the link for the site in question, then choose the style you wish to install from the list and press the "Load into Stylish" button.
- Sakai: sakai.claremont.edu
- Zimbra: mailbox-01.hmc.edu mailbox-02.hmc.edu
- Portal: portal.hmc.edu
- Main HMC website: www.hmc.edu