Welcome to the Computing and Information Services Department pages.
Our Service Vision (developed September 2009)
CIS is dedicated to providing excellent client-centered services to the HMC community. We promote the mission of HMC with reliable, innovative and convenient technology. We provide customer support that is friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive, while working collaboratively with clients to develop effective and relevant solutions.
There are several ways to request service (support, information, assistance) from CIS:
- Contact any member of the CIS staff
- Visit the Help Desk in the Sprague Center Learning Studio.
- Call the Help Desk at (909) 607 7777.
- Write the Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Fill out one of our service request forms on the CIS website.
When we receive a request through any of these channels, here's what happens:
- An owner is assigned. Usually, the owner will be the person you first contact. Their job is to take ownership of the request and shepherd it through to completion. If you're interested, you can read our Ticket Owner's checklist.
- The owner's job is to get a full understanding of the issue or request, establish a timeline, coordinate the work that needs to be done, ensure that you're kept informed and let you know when the work is done. At that point, we'll request your honest feedback.
- The tool we use to track our service requests, no matter what channel they come in through, is called Footprints, which you will often hear us refer to as a "ticket system".
- We will always let you know the ticket number and provide you with email updates about the issue.
Students interested in working for CIS should check the Student Job Openings page.