What is LinkedIn?
- Professional online network of over 350 million people
- Tool for job seekers
- A site where members create a profile with a virtual resume of education, employment history, group affiliations, etc.
- A resource where members can explore connections of their contacts
Who is Using LinkedIn?
- Employers and professionals.
- Because it has professional credibility and format
- FREE for basic tools; premium use is fee-based
- Easy way for recruiters to find potential candidates
- Way to stay connected with past colleagues and contacts
Benefits for Student
- Research an employer/organization
- Research how staff members got to a certain company
- Network with other students and alumni
- Gain industry knowledge through discussions, events, alumni contacts, and news articles
- Build your own personal brand; have employers search for you
How to Maximize LinkedIn
- Complete your profile - View Studee S. Mudder's Profile
- Join professional associations and groups
- Participate in discussions around topics of interest
- Post your email address on LinkedIn Profile
- Create a customized LinkedIn URL on your Profile, business cards, and email signature block
- Target companies of interest on LinkedIn
- Find informational interview leads