HMC’s Business Affairs Coordinator, Chi Herrington, ensures that students and hourly employees are paid accurately and on time. She also assists departmental payroll processors.
Students who are seeking jobs on campus can visit the Office of Career Services for assistance. Once you’ve been hired, please notify the department payroll processor so that they may submit job information to the business affairs coordinator.
If you are working at Harvey Mudd College for the first time, you will need to fill out a hiring packet by contacting the department payroll processor or pick up a packet at Kingston Hall 235. If you do not know who the department payroll processor is, please email email@example.com for contact information.
Hiring packets must be submitted and verified no later than the third business day after the first day of work. Federal employment regulations require that Form I-9 is completed and original documents have been verified by the employer to establish identity and employment authorization. Acceptable documents (PDF) can be found on page 9 of the I-9 form in the hiring packet. If you are not able to present any of the documents to satisfy Form I-9, you are not permitted to work. Students must be cleared by the Business Affairs Office to begin work.
Forms W-4 and I-9 require your social security number. If you do not have a social security number and need to apply for one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional instructions before going to the social security office.
Once your hiring paperwork has been submitted to Kingston Hall 235, you will be entered in Ultipro, our employment portal, which will allow you to submit timesheets and use the self-service features listed below.
If you are a student at one of the other Claremont Colleges and will be working at Harvey Mudd College, please turn in your hiring paperwork to Eva Gomez in Human Resources. Eva’s office is located in Kingston Hall 133.
Student Employment Portal
The HMC Employment Portal allows HMC Students to access the Ultipro payroll system and EmpCenter time and attendance system.
HMC Students: Access the Employment Portal Login Screen
Instructions and Guides
- Login Instructions – HMC Students (PDF)
- PC & Mac Bookmark Instructions for Ultipro-Workforce (PDF)
- Payroll and HR Self-Service Job Aid for Students (PDF)
- Amend Timesheets (PDF)
Self-Service Features in Ultipro
- Update home address and phone number
- Set up direct deposit (PDF)
- View and print pay statements
- Receive paperless statements (PDF)
- Change tax withholding allowance: Myself → Pay → Income Tax
- View and print W-2s from prior years: Myself → Pay → W-2
HMC Employment Policies
- HMC Handbook for Students (coming soon)
- Discrimination, Harrassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy
Payroll Calendar and Check Distribution
- Payday Calendar (PDF) - pay dates and deadline to submit timesheets
- Paycheck Distribution
- During the academic year, paychecks will be sent to your student mailbox at Platt Campus Center on payday. Avoid lines at the banks by signing up for direct deposit!
- If you work during the summer months, paychecks will be sent to Platt Campus Center unless you make special arrangements with the payroll office by emailing email@example.com or sign up for direct deposit!
- If you plan to work as a research assistant during summer, the payroll office will go by the preference indicated on your summer research contract. Don't know where you'll be? Sign up for direct deposit!
- Special Payroll Authorization (payroll processor only)